Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Joseph Asher Lumbard


Joseph Asher Lumbard was my great, great, great grandfather.  He was born in Snyder County Pa, and served with the 147th Company G.  After the war, he was editor of the Snyder County Tribune.  He wrote extensively about his time in the civil war, and this blog is my attempt to sort out his writings and add background information to him. 

 When I'm done, his entire civil war diary, as well as additional writings, will be posted here.  I'm going to attempt to schedule the posts to appear on the anniversary of when he wrote them.



More infomation about Joseph, aside from his writings and time with the 147th Company G in the civil war, can be found here on my genealogy blog, where I have additional family photos and census records and other records pertaining to his life:




No comments:

Post a Comment